Razer Snake Gaiters with FREE Storage Bag
Razer Snake Gaiters are light-weight (each gaiter weighs only 13 ounces) and are uniquely contoured to fit around your calves. A toe cover protects the laces of your boot. This means you have 12 inches of snake bite protection (approximately knee to ankle) with an additional 5 inches of protection over the top of your foot. 1000 denier nylon cordura covers polycarbonate inserts to stop snake fangs, cacti needles, briars, thorns, sticks, etc. Gaiters also help keep your pants clean and dry. Always wear snake gaiters over pants and with thick boots that fangs cannot penetrate. One size fits most! Razer Snake Gaiters are adjustable and will fit calves 13 to 20 inches in diameter. Measure around your calf while wearing pants. Available in black, tan, and camo. Each pair comes with a FREE black nylon storage bag.
- LIGHT-WEIGHT & DURABLE: 1000 denier nylon cordura covers polycarbonate inserts to stop snake fangs, cacti needles, briars, thorns, sticks, etc. Each gaiter weighs only 13 ounces — a pair is 1 lb, 11 oz.
- FORM FITTING & COMFORTABLE: Unique design of 13 polycarbonate panels offer protection— 1 large center panel to protect the front of your lower leg, plus 12 narrow panels (6 on each side) that smoothly wrap around each calf. Tighten straps and buckles for comfort.
- ONE SIZE for MEN & WOMEN: One size fits calf sizes 13-20 inches when measured over pants.
- LAB TESTED for SAFETY: Tested to ASTM F1342-05 Puncture Resistance of Protective Clothing Test Standard and ASTM D5420-16 Falling Weight Gardner Impact. Click here to view lab certifications.
- TESTED on LIVE RATTLESNAKES! See video at bottom of page - test performed by Olympus Reptiles
- 3 year replacement warranty for defects in materials.
- FREE nylon storage bag with locking drawstring cinch cord!
Watch Razer Snake Gaiters being tested on LIVE SNAKES!
When Should You Wear Snake Gaiters?
As humans at the top of the food chain, we sometimes feel invincible versus the other creatures that inhabit the places where we live and play. But there are still some creatures that can pose a threat. Snakes are one of these creatures. Many snakes are harmless and will go out of their way to avoid people, but some snakes are aggressive when they sense a potential challenge. You may encounter poisonous snakes in unlikely places such as your swimming pool. They also like to live within piles of wood, and they can be found in the back corners of neglected storage spaces and garages. Snakes can inhabit most any outdoor space in the woods or desert. If you know you will be venturing into an area where snakes are present, you can protect yourself with snake gaiters — the best layer of defense against deadly fangs!
Snake gaiters are worn over pants and always with thick boots or shoes that fangs can't penetrate. Gaiters protect roughly from your ankle to your knee. Many gaiters are made from a waterproof material, and you can buy longer versions called Snake Chaps that cover from your ankle to your hip. Many people also wear snake boots to prevent snake bites.
You should wear gaiters whenever you visit areas where snakes live. Many southern and western states, especially Texas, Arizona, Nevada, California, and more, are home to a wide variety of poisonous snakes such as rattlers. You cannot always easily identify a poisonous snake by sight, so it is better to treat ALL snakes as if their bite is deadly. Even if you are aware of the differences, the subtle signs may not be apparent from a distance. As such, even if you are wearing snake bite protection, it is best to avoid an interaction with a snake.